Darcie - I liked when Tessie was flapping the Great Horned Owl wing and it didn't make any sound!
Nailah - I learned that some owls eat other owls, smaller owls.
Lydia - I learned that there was only type of Barn Owl lives in Pennsylvania.
Christina - I learned that the dots on the owls are actually part of its feathers. It's for camouflage.
Anne - I found out that big owls, like the Great Horned Owls, can eat baby raccoons and small things like mice and moles.
Jaia - I discovered that the Great Horned Owl has feathers all the way down to his talons.
Brenna - There can be owls that are really small, like the Screech Owl, like a brand new pencil.
Zoe R. - I learned that hawks have to fly really fast when they find their prey, like rodents they eat, because their wings are really rough so they make sound when they fly.
Addison - I saw a Barn Owl! It was very cool because it doesn't really have a face shaped like other owls.
Zoe T. - I learned that owls can hear from really far away.
Zoe M. - I was very inspired by seeing the owls. I learned that a Barn Owl uses its hearing to find it's prey.
Katie - I learned that Screech Owls don't hoot at night because bigger might find them and kill them.
Sophia - I learned how small an owl's skull could be. Jill (from the Academy of Natural Sciences) was really nice and she knows a lot about owls and other creatures.
No comments:
Post a Comment