A Message from our Communications and Marketing Department

Please know that Springside Chestnut Hill Academy places tremendous value in our communication between home and school. The primary method of sharing information with parents about important events and programs is our weekly Virtual Mailbag (VMB). Please be sure to refer to this electronic newsletter, sent on Friday afternoons, for all-school information (found on the landing page) as well as information specific to your daughter's grade level and slideshows of school life (found on the Lower School page).

Thursday, January 17, 2013

2nd Grade at the Philadelphia Rock Gym

We had a terrific day yesterday at the Philadelphia Rock Gym thanks to Jamie Lament, our SCH Outdoor Program coordinator.  Girls learned many valuable lessons including the importance of supporting their friends by cheering them on and pushing through your fears to achieve a goal.
Here are some quotes from the girls!

Ava - When you first go up, you feel like you can't really do it.  But if you keep trying you get higher and higher.
Sarah - Every time you get to the top it feels so good!  When you come down it feels good also.  I climbed so high!
Sophia - When you come down it feels like you're flying through the air.  I overcame my fears of heights.
Julia - It was pretty fun!  It was a little scary in the beginning but it was really fun in the end.
Elizabeth - When you come down it feels like you're floating in mid-air and I floated over one of the staff's head.
Winslow - It was really hard but also a lot of fun.  Every time I tried to go higher!
Lilly - Every time you go down, just don't look down.  I learned that the higher you go the stronger you get.
Bella - I climbed to the top my first time!  It made me happy.
Nina - It's really hard to get to the top rock but you have to push yourself to get there and you feel really proud of yourself.  You know you've climbed really high.

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Slideshow customized with Smilebox




No comments: