A Message from our Communications and Marketing Department

Please know that Springside Chestnut Hill Academy places tremendous value in our communication between home and school. The primary method of sharing information with parents about important events and programs is our weekly Virtual Mailbag (VMB). Please be sure to refer to this electronic newsletter, sent on Friday afternoons, for all-school information (found on the landing page) as well as information specific to your daughter's grade level and slideshows of school life (found on the Lower School page).

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Read for Ronald and Making Toothpaste in Science

Today we had a special assembly to kick off our Read for Ronald service project.  Girls will be bringing home packets soon with information about reading each night to help raise money for this most worthy of causes.  Girls get sponsors and turn in their packets with donations in March.  Each girl that participates has a chance to win a ticket to a 76er's game or a visit to the Ronald McDonald House in Philadelphia!  Let's try to get 100% participation in 2D!

For more information please visit their website at http://www.philarmh.org/get-involved/help/read-for-ronald/.

Also, our class made TOOTHPASTE in Science today.  I could not be there to witness it so I drew out two names from the hat to be my reporters.  Iris and Halle were chosen and they did a great job taking pictures of everyone.  I will share their report with you once I meet with them.


 

Also, this is a link to a video I shared with the girls and many of them want to share it with you.
Enjoy! http://wimp.com/kineticsculpture

No comments: