A Message from our Communications and Marketing Department

Please know that Springside Chestnut Hill Academy places tremendous value in our communication between home and school. The primary method of sharing information with parents about important events and programs is our weekly Virtual Mailbag (VMB). Please be sure to refer to this electronic newsletter, sent on Friday afternoons, for all-school information (found on the landing page) as well as information specific to your daughter's grade level and slideshows of school life (found on the Lower School page).

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

PLEASE READ our If I Were in Charge of the World Poems


If I Were In Charge of the World
by Whitney Taylor

If I were in charge of the world,
I would play tennis all day with my friends.
I would go to South Carolina all the time.
And I would go to France to see my cousin Tristin. 
I wish I was in charge of the world.


If I Were in Charge of the World
By Kaia McTigue

If I were in charge of the world I would have dinner and dessert switch places
and every floor in your house would be bouncy and we would be magic. 
Pillows would be the comfiest. 
Dragons would be in your yard, your bed would be made out of cotton candy. 
No one would litter and everyone would be 100% happy every day.  
We would all have money trees. 
Poor would be rich and toy stores would be bigger,
movies that are scary would be cuter,
and everything would be cool!


If I Were in Charge of the World!!!
By Maddi Callas

If I were in charge of the world,
Everybody would be happy
and there would be no such thing as mad or sad.
I would be the queen of the world
and everything would be my way!


If I Were Queen
By Franny Downs

If I were queen I would cancel guns and weapons
And if you were dead you would only be dead for two seconds!
Everything would be my way…
Yhay!
School would start at 12:00 noon and end at 3:00 pm. 
At school we would have every special every day.



If I Were in Charge of the World
By Abigail Smith

If I were in charge of the world,
I’d say you could watch TV whenever you want
And little brothers would have to do what you say.
Your parents would pick you up front from school.


If I Were in Charge of the World
By Taylor Peterson

If I were in charge of the world,
kids would be healthier.
Plants would grow better.
Babies would sleep better.
Adults would go to bed earlier.


If I Were in Charge of the World
By Noel McClelland

If I were in charge of the world,
there would be no war.
No one would be mean and hurtful.
Everyone would be educated and beautiful.
Everything would be fun and non-wasteful.


If I Were in Charge of the World
By Ama Turner

If I were in charge of the world,
everybody would clean the streets
and everybody would help people cross the streets
and everybody would recycle paper and bottles.


If I Were in Charge of the World
By Sally Thistle

If I were in charge of the world,
the world would be bold.
Dogs would sit on logs,
and cats would not be fat,
If I were in charge of the world.
If I Ruled the World
By Jazze Wingard

If I ruled the world there would be a girl president by now.
Everybody would get $100 per month.
Everyone would have a home and food.
If you litter you would have to pay $50,000.
If I ruled the world that would happen!


If I Were Queen of the World
By Ashley Keough

If I were queen of the world,
Everything would be pink and purple.
If I were queen of the world,
There would be no boys but Dads and Grandpas.
If I were queen of the world,
everything would be my way!


If I Were in Charge of the World
By Amanda Cooney

If I were in charge of the world,
I would get my sister’s room,
her desk and it all.
She’d move into my room
and forget about a call.
Boys won’t exist.
Healthy food would be extinct.
Dessert would be healthy.
My sisters and my parents
would obey my commands.
I’d say,
“Don’t make your beds!”
“Sleep in on school days!”
“Go to school in pajamas!”
“School is now at 9 o’clock!”
That’s what I would do
if I were in charge of the world.



If I Were in Charge of the World
By Mrs. Domanska

If I were in charge of the world,
I would get to move right on up with my students
and get to watch each girl grow and learn and change
year after year.

If I were in charge of the world,
My students would always get along, be kind, and work together.
They would always have the compassion to forgive one another,
and themselves, for small mistakes.

If I were in charge of the world,
my girls, as I like to call them,
would always be in the habit of doing their best work,
setting high standards for what they can accomplish in life.

But my girls would also always find the joy in learning,
the fun in every new challenge,
and the determination to stick it out and try their very best
even when things seem difficult.

If I were in charge of the world,
each of my students would hold tight onto their dreams
and share in the hopes and dreams of others,
making this world a better place for us all.

No comments: