Welcome 2D Parents to a new school year! Our first day was wonderful. This is an amazing group of girls and I know that we will accomplish much together. We will learn, have fun, and be challenged to do our very best. A big part of second grade is to develop more independence and problem solving skills. I will support the girls of 2D in their growth, encourage them to set personal goals for themselves, and help them better understand that mistakes just show you are trying.
This summer I participated in the North Carolina Outward Bound School Educator's Initiative.
It was an incredible, challenging, and rewarding experience.
Also, I wanted to share with you a book that we read as a faculty and discussed this summer called How Children Succeed. If you are curious and would like to borrow my much highlighted copy, please just ask. Here is a link for your information. http://www.paultough.com/the-books/how-children-succeed/
I'm excited about sharing all that I have learned this summer and sharing my enthusiasm with my incoming students. A big part of our classroom environment will be focused on establishing a community of trust. I maintain high standards and expect my students to get into the habit of doing their best work. I encourage self-reliance, craftsmanship, and compassion. I help my girls set individual goals while growing into caring citizens. I will communicate often, contacting you when there is a concern or with an accomplishment to celebrate.
Welcome to the 2013-2014 school year and I look forward to meeting everyone very soon!
Mary Ann Domanska
mdomanska@sch.org
215-247-7200 ext. 6079
We use this blog to post some of our work, pictures, and learning experiences throughout the year. It is a closed site so that only parents can view this site. If you have any questions or thoughts just email me at mdomanska@sch.org.
A Message from our Communications and Marketing Department
Please know that Springside Chestnut Hill Academy places tremendous value in our communication between home and school. The primary method of sharing information with parents about important events and programs is our weekly Virtual Mailbag (VMB). Please be sure to refer to this electronic newsletter, sent on Friday afternoons, for all-school information (found on the landing page) as well as information specific to your daughter's grade level and slideshows of school life (found on the Lower School page).
No comments:
Post a Comment