This 2D blog will be one way that I share with you what we are accomplishing in the classroom. I usually update this blog with quotes, photos, and slideshows from special events throughout the year. I will also share with you parts of our curriculum through the blog so you have a better understanding of what we are learning in the classroom.
Units of Study for Teaching Reading
During our reading workshop time this year, second grade will be doing "Units of Study for Teaching Reading," a program created by Lucy Calkins. Each school day we will spend around one hour working on developing our reading skills. First, we will meet as a whole class. After our whole group lesson, students will break up into groups or partnerships to practice a new skill. I will also be pulling students to work in small groups or working with individuals on specific reading skills and assessments.

No comments:
Post a Comment